More than 2,500 Telecommunication & Information Technology experts from around the globe participated at ITU WSIS Forum 2017 in June 2017. WSIS is the abbreviation for World Summit on the Information Society. The Summit is popularly referred to as WSIS (pronounced wiss-iss).
During the event, ICT Experts exchanged knowledge and experiences towards achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Forum featured more than 200 specialized workshops covering a wide array of topics identified through a participatory process with WSIS stakeholders.
Participants are set to include at least 500 high-level policy-makers from more than 150 countries, including government ministers, civil society leaders, academics, business leaders and international organizations.
President of Polish Regulator Mr Mariusz Cichy, represented Poland on ITU WSIS Forum and was one of the panelists.
Notel Poland was represented by Mr Szymon Nowak (CEO) and business strategy team.
Discussion during panel was moderated by Mr Mohamed Ba, Head of Innovation, ITU
Main topics covered during panel discussion and startups introduction.
• National innovation approaches and digital transformation roadmaps
• Building digital innovation agencies and the role of digital innovation agents
• Building up the stakeholders’ capacity for digital innovation
• Knowledge sharing through innovation networks and collaborative environments
• Inspiring success stories of start-up companies offering innovative solutions for sustainable development – Notel